The programme aimed to facilitate:
- Networking opportunities for senior executives across the UICC membership
- Learning from peers
- Access to relevant educational and training opportunities
The CEO Programme at the Congress included:
- Exclusive sessions (restricted entrance*) – 3 highly interactive 60-minute sessions and 1 networking reception for CEOs only. Each session was facilitated by an expert and provided a platform to review best practice case studies and to share participants’ perspectives.
- Flagship events: High-level side events that bring together decision-makers and provide unique opportunities for networking as well as exposure to key topics on the global health agenda.
- CEO-relevant sessions from the main programme: Hand-picked by other CEOs from the main Congress programme providing an insight into the latest findings and trends in cancer control.
* The exclusive sessions were offered free of charge to CEOs of UICC Full Member organisations and paid registrants (see how to register below).
Before the Congress started, CEOs were invited to join the UICC CEOs LinkedIn group where they received regular communications from UICC to introduce participants to each other, share case studies of value, signpost good educational materials, begin the process of networking. In addition, the session themes were described and necessary preparation work outlined via this online group
Programme of exclusive sessions
CEOs reception – The Challenges face by the leaders of cancer organisations
Monday 31 October, 20:30 - 21:45
- Dr Cary Adams, CEO, UICC - Introduction and welcome
- Anne Lise Ryel, CEO, Norwegian Cancer Society - The challenges faced by the leaders of cancer organisations
|Date and Time||
Room 352 A
Room 342 B
Room 342 B
|Session Title||How to build sustainable funding models||How to develop and implement strategies in an age of uncertainty||How to implement a governance model which supports organisational success|
|Chair||Sir Harpal Kumar, CEO, Cancer Research UK||Mr Gary Reedy, CEO, American Cancer Society||Prof Sanchia Aranda, CEO, Cancer Council Australia|
Mr Charlie Michaud, Principal and Managing Director, Community Counselling Service (CCS)
Strategies for securing flexible core funding
Mr Michel Rudolphie, CEO, Dutch Cancer Society
Managing change: From a charity towards a cancer impact organisation
Dr Sakari Karjalainen, Secretary General, Cancer Society of Finland
An effective governance to increase your impact and avoid conflicts of interest
Mrs Lynda Thomas, CEO, Macmillan Cancer Support
Give and Get: The Macmillan Story
Mrs Katie Dain, Executive Director, NCD Alliance
Strategic planning for greater impact: Applying lessons learnt from the NCD movement
Dr Saunthari Somasundaram, President, National Cancer Society Malaysia
Adjusting governance as you grow
The programme is open exclusively to CEOs (including Managing Directors, Secretary Generals and Director Generals) of cancer organizations.
Participants must be the most senior executive or administrator in charge of managing the organisation and who are responsible for developing and executing the organisation’s long term strategy and managing the overall operations and resources on a daily basis.
How to register FOR THE EXcLUSIVE SESSions and the CEO RECEPTION
By invitation: All CEOs of UICC full member organization who are registered at the Congress will be invited by end of June and will receive a welcome letter with the Programme’s description and an invitation to join the UICC CEOs LinkedIn closed group.
If you have registered for the Congress and you are a UICC Full Member but you have not received yet an invitation, please contact email@example.com.
By registration: CEOs who are not from UICC Full Member organizations need to register and pay a participation fee (see below). To do so, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
As a participant you will receive a congress badge which will indicate that you are on the CEO Programme and allow you to access the exclusive sessions.
Participation cost for the exclusive sessions and the CEO reception of the CEO programme is:
- Free for CEOs of UICC full member organisations who have registered for the World Cancer Congress
- 450 Euros* for CEOs of UICC Associate members (in addition to the Congress registration fee)
- 900 Euros* for CEOs of GNM members and non-member cancer organisations (in addition to the Congress registration fee)
*not inclusive of French VAT (20%)
Organisations from low- and middle-income countries may apply for a 50% reduction: UICC uses the World Bank classification of economies as a reference for discounts.
If your organisation wishes to become a UICC full member and benefit from the CEO programme for free, please contact email@example.com.
The CEO programme is proudly sponsored by Merck & Co (MSD), one of UICC's leading partners.