Congress highlights and key achievements
- Welcomed high-level dignitaries, including the French President Mr François Hollande, Her Majesty the Queen of Spain, HRH Princess Lalla Salma from Morocco, Mr Michel Sidibé, Executive Director of UNAIDS and Under-Secretary-General of the UN as well as 18 First Ladies, Ministers of Health and Ambassadors from Europe, Africa and the Middle East at the Opening Ceremony in Paris
- Convened 3260 registered participants from 139 countries
- Featured 144 interactive sessions presented by 500 speakers
- Engaged 40 sponsors and 57 exhibitors in the Global Village - up from 48 in 2014
- Created a worldwide buzz with 50 million tweet impressions
2018 WCC sponsorship brochure
The new 2018 WCC sponsorship brochure will be available soon.
If your organisation is interested in becoming a Congress sponsor and / or securing an exhibition space in the very popular Global Village, please contact us at WCCsponsorship@uicc.org.
Standout of the crowd - become a Congress sponsor
With 96% of participants who would recommend the conference to a colleague, the World Cancer Congress offers something which sets it apart from other events: its human size and community spirit.
This means that as a Congress sponsor you can play a significant and very active role ahead, during and after the conference, and highly contribute to further strengthen the global cancer control movement while ensuring a positive impact and return on investment for your organisation.
Take advantage of the following Congress unique benefits:
- Go viral: the event’s popularity and growing attendance mainly results from word-of-mouth and recommendations of the international cancer and health community. The 2016 Congress in Paris saw a 20% increase in attendance from the 2014 Congress in Melbourne
- Reach out to a broad audience: engage with experts who represent the full spectrum of cancer control
- Take advantage of each Congress being held in a different part of the world – whilst it’s a global event, its also the opportunity to learn about cancer in the host country and the region
- Endorse other organisations or prominent individuals, involving them in your activities or supporting their attendance and work
- Lead: use the Congress as a highly visible platform to showcase your leadership and pioneering initiatives. Make meaningful connections with other cancer and health professionals and emerging young leaders.
The sooner your organisation will come on board, the more visibility you will gain from the World Cancer Congress promotional campaign. The larger your sponsorship level, the greater the additional benefits.