One of the highlights of the World Cancer Congress is to provide UICC Members with a platform to discuss key initiatives and share perspectives on challenges and opportunities at the regional level. Building on the success of the regional meetings at the previous WCC in Paris, UICC is offering its members a special new opportunity to initiate and foster collaborations starting at the WCC in Kuala Lumpur.
Fostering collaborations among UICC members
In 2018, featuring collaboration as a common theme, UICC Members’ regional meetings will consist of interactive discussions around how to “Strengthen – Inspire – Deliver” collaborations between UICC Members. UICC members will present a selection of successful collaborative initiatives as case studies, serving as seeds to develop the discussion and create cross-fertilisation of ideas.
Collaborative initiatives will be collected through a call that will be launched in February 2018.
Collaborative initiatives, defined as “two or more organisations working together towards a shared goal”, can be national, regional or international, correspond to one of the 5 Congress tracks, and be ongoing or concluded in the past two years.
The best two initiatives per region will be invited to prepare a case study to be presented in one of the regional meetings. All collaborations will also be compiled in a list that will be made available to other UICC members.
The six Regional Meetings at the 2018 World Cancer Congress
Six Regional meetings will take place using the following regional groupings:
- Eastern Mediterranean countries
- Europe, including the Commonwealth of Independent States.
- Latin America
- North America & international collaborations
- 15 February 2018 – 30 April 2018: Call for collaborative initiatives
- June 2018: Announcement of the selected case studies
- October 2018: Regional Meetings at the WCC & announcement of the award for the best initiative
Special Benefits for UICC members
- Be published in the list of key collaborative initiatives distributed to members only
- Possibility to present your collaboration as a case-study in Kuala-Lumpur
- Unique regional networking opportunity
- Become a prominent voice for cancer control in your region
- Benefit from the exposure on the UICC social media and online platforms
Contact: Should you have any questions, please contact Mélanie Samson at email@example.com