NEW – THE 2020 WORLD CANCER CONGRESS WILL INCLUDE A cinema
Film is an art form that aims to convey stories, stir emotions, inspire and encourage actions. The new WCC Cinema is a great opportunity for all organisations and independant film makers to spread their message through the projection of a film, documentary, advert or a campaign video that has had a marked impact.
From 12 June to 31 October 2019, we are calling on submissions that will shape the programme of the "WCC Cinema", by submitting either one of the following formats:
Films or animations, with an attempt to change people's perception on a given topic in cancer control, or with the aim to inform and bring to light a specific aspect of cancer control. Films often aim at inspiring and sharing an experience with the audience. For example, it could show the impact of living with cancer, on patients and their relatives, or touching upon the human resilience against cancer, etc.
- Campaign video clips, that help raise awareness and pave the way to action. For instance, clips created to educate the public with successful prevention messages, fundraising purposes, early detection, etc.
Communicating effectively and purposefully is a key component of the global fight against cancer. Don't miss this opportunity to share your successful films with experts from all over the world, and inspire others to do the same in their country, so they can have an impact too.
CRITERIA FOR evaluation
- The video clips, or films should be aligned with at least one of the programme themes of the World Cancer Congress:
- High impact prevention and risk factor reduction
- Promising cancer research and progress
- Optimising screening and early diagnosis
- Ensuring sustainable healthcare systems
- Improving patient outcomes - cancer care and palliative care
- Successful partnerships and fundraising
- Tackling priorities in different regions of the world
- They should have been conceived for a specific purpose and target, aimed at achieving a defined objective in a given context, to be detailed in the form below.
- Submissions must be in English, or featuring English subtitles
- All films, video clips must be free from any legal disputes and the filmmaker must have cleared all rights for music and exhibition
- All submissions must have been produced after 2015
- All media showcased as part of the Cinema will be made available to download for all Congress participants
- All filmmakers will be notified of acceptance by December 13, 2019
Thank you for completing the webform and submitting it by pressing the “Submit” button at the bottom of the page.
NB: Please note that incomplete forms cannot be saved, nor considered.