All abstracts submitters will be notified of the format of presentation of their abstracts on Monday 16th July. If you have not received your notification, thank you for contactingÂ 2018WCC@kit-group.org specfying your abstract submission number please.
confirmation of participation Â
Each accepted abstract submitter who wishes to present their abstract at the 2018 World Cancer Congress needs to register online BEFORE 3rd August 2018 - HERE
After which date their abstract presentation will be withdrawn from the programme.
If you have already registered for the Congress, you do not need to register again.
If you will NOT be attending the Congress and have not yet notified us, please email email@example.comÂ Â your abstract will be withdrawn accordingly.
Format of presentation
Based on their average score and their topic, accepted abstracts andÂ reports will be presented at the 2018 WCC in the new "Abstract Hub - The Forum for Knowledge Mobilisation" under one of the following formats:
- Abstract oral: 8 minute presentation- in the Abstract Theatre
- Rapid Fire: 3 minute presentation in front of a large audience -Â in the Abstract Theatre
- ePoster pod presentation: 3 minute presentation in one of the 6 ePosterÂ Pods. The electronic poster will be displayed on an ePoster screen and presented to 30-40 attendees during one of the networking breaks (morning, lunch or afternoon).Â
- ePoster display: ePosters will be available for ongoing consultation on ePoster screens in the Abstract Hub
- Fundraising session: Fundraising reports slected for the "Spotlight on fundraising reports" session will be presented in a Rapid-Fire format, outside the Abstract Hub, in the session room 404 on Level 4 of the Kuala Lumpur Convention Centre.
Each accepted abstractÂ will be available for consultation on the ePoster screens during the Congress and published online as a supplement inÂ the Journal of Global Oncology (JGO)Â by ASCO.
Formats and schedules of presentationsÂ will be communicated as of 16Â July.
All presentations will need to be in a 16/9 horizontal format.Â You can download the below 2018 WCC PowerPoint template.
Once your presentation is ready, you will have to upload it through the WCC Speaker Service Centre, either online through a dedicated platform ahead of the Congress from 3rd September onwards. You will have until 28th September to upload it on the online platform, however if you prefer to do it onsite in Kuala Lumpur, you can do so directly at the Speakersâ€™ Service Centre (at least 90 minutes before the start of your session), located in room 401 on level 4 of the Kuala Lumpur Convention Centre. The Speaker Service Centre will open on:
- Monday 1 October from 15:00 to 20:00
- Tuesday 2 October from 08:00 to 18:00
- Wednesday 3 October from 08:00 to 18:00
- Thursday 4 October from 08:00 to 16:00
More detailed information on the Slide Presentation platform including your login details will be sent to you by email on 3rd September.
New at the 2018 Congress
All acceptedÂ abstracts will be published online as a supplement inÂ the Journal of Global Oncology (JGO) which provides high quality literatureÂ on cancer care, research and care delivery issues.
In addition, the onsiteÂ presentations will take placeÂ in the dedicated Abstract Hub -Â the Forum for Knowledge Mobilisation,Â a noveltyÂ of the 2018 Congress, andÂ supported by the American Society of Clinical Oncology (ASCO) and the Canadian Partnership Against Cancer (CPAC).
The HubÂ will be designedÂ as a one-stop shop, whereÂ all abstract related presentations will take place. ItÂ aims to facilitateÂ the interactions between the presenters and the participants whilstÂ being easily accessible for all delegates.
TIMELINEÂ & PROCESSÂ
- On 16Â July 2018Â â€“ Notification of presentation format to all accepted abstract submitters
- 3 AugustÂ â€“ All Abstract presenters need to be confirmed by registering online.
- 3 - 28Â September - AbstractÂ presenters will have the option to upload their presentation online - login details to access this platform will be sent to each presenter by email, on 3rd September.
- 1 - 4 October - Opening of the Speaker Service Centre at the 2018 World Cancer Congress.Â
Abstracts have been reviewed in a two-tier process.Â
The 12 members of the Abstract Committee conducted the first round of reviews. They determined whether the abstracts were aligned with the overall Congress' objectives and the 2018 programme tracksÂ or if they wereÂ out of scope.
After thisÂ first selection,Â an international panel of reviewers - composed of more than 150Â health professionals -Â reviewedÂ and scoredÂ the variousÂ abstracts. Each accepted abstract was scored at least 3 times. The average score and topic enabled toÂ determine their final format of presentation.
The Abstract Hub - The Forum for Knowledge Mobilisation is supported by