All abstracts submitters will be notified of the format of presentation of their abstracts on Monday 16th July. If you have not received your notification, thank you for contacting¬†2018WCC@kit-group.org specfying your abstract submission number please.
confirmation of participation ¬†
Each accepted abstract submitter who wishes to present their abstract at the 2018 World Cancer Congress needs to register online BEFORE 3rd August 2018 - HERE
After which date their abstract presentation will be withdrawn from the programme.
If you have already registered for the Congress, you do not need to register again.
If you will NOT be attending the Congress and have not yet notified us, please email firstname.lastname@example.org¬†¬† your abstract will be withdrawn accordingly.
Format of presentation
Based on their average score and their topic, accepted abstracts and¬†reports will be presented at the 2018 WCC in the new "Abstract Hub - The Forum for Knowledge Mobilisation" under one of the following formats:
- Abstract oral: 8 minute presentation- in the Abstract Theatre
- Rapid Fire: 3 minute presentation in front of a large audience -¬†in the Abstract Theatre
- E-poster pod presentation: 3 minute presentation in one of the 6 Eposter¬†Pods. The electronic poster will be displayed on an e-poster screen and presented to 30-40 attendees during one of the networking breaks (morning, lunch or afternoon).¬†
- E-poster display: E-posters will be available for ongoing consultation on e-poster screens in the Abstract Hub
- Fundraising session: Fundraising reports slected for the "Spotlight on fundraising reports" session will be presented in a Rapid-Fire format, outside the Abstract Hub, in the session room 404 on Level 4 of the Kuala Lumpur Convention Centre.
Each accepted abstract¬†will be available for consultation on the e-poster screens during the Congress and published online as a supplement in¬†the Journal of Global Oncology (JGO)¬†by ASCO.
Formats and schedules of presentations¬†will be communicated as of 16¬†July.
All presentations will need to be in a 16/9 horizontal format.¬†You can download the below 2018 WCC PowerPoint template.
Once your presentation is ready, you will have to upload it through the WCC Speaker Service Centre, either online through a dedicated platform ahead of the Congress from 3rd September onwards. You will have until 28th September to upload it on the online platform, however if you prefer to do it onsite in Kuala Lumpur, you can do so directly at the Speakers‚Äô Service Centre (at least 90 minutes before the start of your session), located on level 4 of the Kuala Lumpur Convention Centre. The Speaker Service Centre will open on 1st October at 15:00.
More detailed information on the Slide Presentation platform including your login details will be sent to you by email on 3rd September.
New at the 2018 Congress
All accepted¬†abstracts will be published online as a supplement in¬†the Journal of Global Oncology (JGO) which provides high quality literature¬†on cancer care, research and care delivery issues.
In addition, the onsite¬†presentations will take place¬†in the dedicated Abstract Hub -¬†the Forum for Knowledge Mobilisation,¬†a novelty¬†of the 2018 Congress, and¬†supported by the American Society of Clinical Oncology (ASCO) and the Canadian Partnership Against Cancer (CPAC).
The Hub¬†will be designed¬†as a one-stop shop, where¬†all abstract related presentations will take place. It¬†aims to facilitate¬†the interactions between the presenters and the participants whilst¬†being easily accessible for all delegates.
REVIEW TIMELINE¬†& PROCESS¬†
- On 16¬†July 2018¬†‚Äď Notification of presentation format to all accepted abstract submitters
- 3 August¬†‚Äď All Abstract presenters need to be confirmed by registering online.
- 3 - 28¬†September - Abstract¬†presenters will have the option to upload their presentation online - login details to access this platform will be sent to each presenter by email, on 3rd September.
- 1 - 4 October - Opening of the Speaker Service Centre at the 2018 World Cancer Congress
Abstracts have been reviewed in a two-tier process.¬†
The 12 members of the Abstract Committee conducted the first round of reviews. They determined whether the abstracts were aligned with the overall Congress' objectives and the 2018 programme tracks¬†or if they were¬†out of scope.
After this¬†first selection,¬†an international panel of reviewers - composed of more than 150¬†health professionals -¬†reviewed¬†and scored¬†the various¬†abstracts. Each accepted abstract was scored at least 3 times. The average score and topic enabled to¬†determine their final format of presentation.
The Abtract Hub - The Forum for Knowledge Mobilisation is supported by