Have you already submitted an abstract
All abstracts submitted by 6th April 2020 will be kept in the submission system and rolled over as "new submissions" for the delayed Congress edition held on 16 - 18 March 2021.
Abstract authors will have the option to edit their submission(s) when the system opens again for the "new call for abstracts" on 30th September 2020. This will give authors the opportunity to refresh the content of their abstract and make it more topical for a Congress that is held in March 2021.
- This implies that all abstracts (even the ones currently accepted) will need to be reviewed again as part of the 1st tier process to ensure the content is not out-dated and remains relevant.
- Abstracts which have already received acceptance, will be encouraged to edit their submission(s) in order that they are up to date.
- The 2nd tier review process (scoring) for the accepted batch of abstracts will now take place from 30 November 2020 - 8 January 2021 instead.
- If you would like to withdraw your abstract or for any other enquiries regarding your submission, please contact Delegate Services managed by UICC's partner agency K.I.T Group at email@example.com
revised abstract timeline
Abstract submissions open
|Wednesday 30 September 2020|
Deadline for abstract submissions
|Friday 20 November 2020 (Midnight CET)|
Notifications on the status of a submission
|2 weeks from the abstract submission|
Notifications on the abstract presentation format and scheduling
|Friday 22 January 2021|
Registration deadline for all abstract presenters
|Friday 19 February 2021|
CONFIRMATION OF PARTICIPATION
Each accepted abstract submitter who wishes to present their abstract at the World Cancer Congress on 16 - 18 March 2021 will need to register online BEFORE 19 February 2021 - HERE. After which date their abstract presentation will be withdrawn from the programme. If you have already registered for the Congress, you do not need to register again.
ABSTRACT SUBMISSION GUIDELINES
"My participation broadened my outlook and lectures were varied, the presentation of my abstract gave me an opportunity to present, and I was happy that my presentation was well received and appreciated"
Delegate via 2018 WCC Survey
1. Submission category
Three types of submissions are welcomed at the Congress:
- Abstracts on scientific studies describing the collection, analysis and interpretation of cancer-relevant data (clinical, behavioural, epidemiological, etc)
- Summaries of practice, policy and advocacy reports with impact describing innovative cancer and NCD programmes in detection, care, support, prevention, organisation.
- Summaries of fundraising campaign reports describing programmes to build public support to fund or donate to cancer and NCD control causes.
2. Review process and format of presentations
A two-tier review process has been put in place for abstracts submitted as part of the Congress.
In the first-tier review process, the Abstract Committee will screen each submission and each submitter will be notified within two weeks if their abstract has been accepted or rejected.
Important - Abstracts that were submitted and accepted before 6th April 2020 will be reviewed again as part of the first-tier review process, to ensure they remain topical and up-to-date for a Congress held in 2021. Authors are highly encourage to log into the abstract submission platform again, AFTER 30 September, to edit and update their abstract, if necessary.
Accepted abstracts will undergo a secondary review process conducted via an International Panel of Reviewers, once the call for abstracts has closed (20 November 2021).
Abstracts with the highest average score will be presented at the World Cancer Congress under one of the following formats:
- Abstract oral: 8-minute presentation in front of a large audience (approximately 100 people)
- Rapid Fire: 3-minute presentation in front of a large audience (approximately 100 people)
- E-poster pod presentation: 3-minute presentation in an e-pod. The e-poster will be displayed on an e-poster screen and presented at a given time during one of the networking breaks. Each e-pod presentation will take place in an e-poster pod seating approximately 35 people.
Each accepted abstract will be available for consultation on the WCC abstract e-library.
NEW - Nomination to UICC Awards - For UICC MEmbers only
The UICC Members Awards aim to identify and celebrate the exceptional contributions made by UICC members and inspire the cancer control community through their efforts.
By submitting an abstract, UICC members will be eligible to a nomination in one of the award categories listed below:
- Best advocacy with impact report
- Best Public-Private partnership initiative
- Best scientific abstract
The nominees in each category will be announced at the start of January 2021. Winners within each category will be announced on 18 March 2021 during the Closing Ceremony of the World Cancer Congress in Oman.
IAEA will support some Abstract travel grants
The IAEA invites project counterparts to share their experiences and good practices at the Congress, and will, through its technical cooperation programme, finance participation for a limited number of participants who meet strict criteria. For more information visit the dedicated webpage HERE.