Abstract submissions open
|Wednesday 15 January 2020|
Deadline for abstract submissions
|Tuesday 31 March 2020 (Midnight CET)|
Notifications on the status of a submission
|2 weeks from the abstract submission|
Notifications on the abstract presentation format and scheduling
|Wednesday 15 July 2020|
Registration deadline for all abstract presenters
|Friday 28 August 2020|
CONFIRMATION OF PARTICIPATION
Each accepted abstract submitter who wishes to present their abstract at the 2020 World Cancer Congress needs to register online BEFORE 28 August 2020 - HERE. After which date their abstract presentation will be withdrawn from the programme. If you have already registered for the Congress, you do not need to register again.
ABSTRACT SUBMISSION GUIDELINES
"My participation broadened my outlook and lectures were varied, the presentation of my abstract gave me an opportunity to present, and I was happy that my presentation was well received and appreciated"
Delegate via 2018 WCC Survey
1. Submission category
Three types of submissions are welcomed at the Congress:
- Abstracts on scientific studies describing the collection, analysis and interpretation of cancer-relevant data (clinical, behavioural, epidemiological, etc)
- Summaries of practice, policy and advocacy reports with impact describing innovative cancer and NCD programmes in detection, care, support, prevention, organisation.
- Summaries of fundraising campaign reports describing programmes to build public support to fund or donate to cancer and NCD control causes.
2. Review process and format of presentations
A two-tier review process has been put in place for the abstracts submitted as part of the Congress.
In the first-tier review process, the Abstract Committee will screen each submission and each submitter will be notified within two weeks if their abstract has been accepted or rejected.
Accepted abstracts will undergo a secondary review process which will be done by an International Panel of Reviewers, once the call for abstracts has closed (31 March 2020).
Based on the average score, abstracts will be presented at the World Cancer Congress under one of the following formats:
- Abstract oral: 8-minute presentation scheduled in a session in front of a large audience (approximately 100 people)
- Rapid Fire: 3-minute presentation in front of a large audience (approximately 100 people)
- E-poster pod presentation: 3-minute presentation in an e-pod. The e-poster will be displayed on an e-poster screen and presented at a given time during one of the networking breaks. Each e-pod presentation will take place in an e-poster pod seating approximately 35 people.
Each accepted abstract will be available for consultation on the 2020 WCC abstract e-library.
NEW for UICC Members only! Nomination to UICC Awards
The UICC Awards aim to identify and celebrate the exceptional contributions made by UICC members and inspire the cancer control community through their efforts.
By submitting an abstract, UICC members will be eligible to a nomination in one of the award categories listed below:
- Best advocacy with impact report
- Best Public-Private partnership initiative
- Best scientific abstract
The nominees in each category will be announced at the start of July 2020. Winners within each category will be announced on 22 October during the Closing Ceremony of the World Cancer Congress.