about The Cinema
Communicating effectively and purposefully is a key component of the global fight against cancer. The Cinema gives the opportunity to exchange and inspire using successful films with experts from all over the world. This new exciting part of the programme will include the screening of :
Films or animations, with an attempt to change people's perception on a given topic in cancer control, or with the aim to inform and shed light on a specific aspect of cancer control. Films often aim at inspiring and sharing an experience with the audience. For example, it could show the impact of living with cancer, on patients and their relatives, or touching upon the human resilience against cancer, etc.
- Campaign video clips, that help raise awareness and pave the way to action. For instance, clips created to educate the public with successful prevention messages, fundraising purposes, early detection, etc.
Along with the selected screenings, the Cinema will allow space for interactive discussions.
Call for contributions
The call for submissions closed on the 31st October 2019, with over 120 submissions received. Thank you to all of the health organisations and filmmakers that have shared their film, documentary, advert or campaign video that has made an impact with us.
All filmmakers will be notified on the status of their proposal by December 13, 2019. The submissions received are being reviewed in line with the below-listed evaluation criteria.
- The video clips or films should be aligned with at least one of the programme themes of the World Cancer Congress:
- High impact prevention and risk factor reduction
- Promising cancer research and progress
- Optimising screening and early diagnosis
- Ensuring sustainable healthcare systems
- Improving patient outcomes - cancer care and palliative care
- Successful partnerships and fundraising
- Tackling priorities in different regions of the world
- They should have been conceived for a specific purpose and target, aimed at achieving a defined objective in a given context, to be detailed in the form below.
- Submissions must be in English or featuring English subtitles
- All films, video clips must be free from any legal disputes and the filmmaker must have cleared all rights for music and exhibition
- All submissions must have been produced after 2015
- All media showcased as part of the Cinema should be made available to download for all Congress participants
NB: Please note that incomplete forms are not considered.
If you have any questions in regards to the Cinema, please contact Mrs Céline Francina at firstname.lastname@example.org