The UICC member regional meetings in Kuala Lumpur will focus on ‚Äėhow to leverage the expertise and potential of collaboration amongst UICC members‚Äô.
To inform discussions, we are seeking to map existing collaborations around the globe through a call for collaborative initiatives. The resulting collection of initiatives will be made available to members and will serve as a basis to guide discussions at each regional meeting.
With a variable length from 60 to 120 minutes, six¬†regional meetings will take place according to the following geographical distribution:
- Eastern Mediterranean
- Europe, including the Commonwealth of Independent States (CIS)
- Latin America
- North America and Global Collaborations
The UICC Asia-Pacific regional meeting is proudly supported by
CALL FOR COLLABORATIVE INITIATIVES & UICC AWARD
UICC members from all regions are invited¬†to enter our¬†call for collaborative initiative by 8 June.
The best two examples will be selected to be presented at the corresponding UICC member regional meeting.
Defined as 'two or more organisations working together towards a shared goal', collaborative initiatives can be national, regional or global.
The submitted examples should focus on collaborations between civil society organisations and can¬†also showcase¬†multisectoral partnerships¬†(e.g. UICC member collaborating with¬†government, the private sector, foundations, etc.). Examples could include¬†the launch of a service;¬†an advocacy or awareness-raising campaign; establishment of a coalition or a civil society partnership; a twinning programme, etc.
To be eligible, collaborative initiatives must be
- relevant to cancer control
- conducted by at least one UICC member
- ongoing or concluded in the past two years (after January 2016)
If your collaborative initiative corresponds to the above characteristics, please submit your proposal by clicking the button below.
The Collaboration Award
Additionally, by submitting their example of effective¬†collaboration, UICC members will automatically enter the chance to be selected¬†to receive the UICC Collaboration Award.
The Award aims to recognise innovative examples of collaborations between civil society organisations¬†working together at a national, regional or international level¬†to¬†address a fundamental gap in¬†cancer control.
The Award Ceremony will be taking place during¬†the UICC General Assembly on Congress day 2 - Tuesday 2 October.
To spread the word and support engaging civil society organisations from each region, we count with a group of members¬†who kindly endorsed the initiative.
Benefits¬†for UICC members participating¬†in the regional meetings
- Get the chance to be selected to showcase¬†your successful initiative in front of¬†your¬†peers and other experts in cancer control from your region, and win a UICC Award
- Be featured on the¬†list of submitted collaborative initiatives to be shared with¬†+1000 UICC members and partners around the world
- Network with other UICC members from your region
- Benefit from high exposure through¬†WCC/UICC social media and online platforms.
Should you have any questions, please contact the UICC Capacity Building team:¬†regionalCB@uicc.org