Some 1,500 scientists, medical specialists, NGO and civil society representatives, Ministers of Health, high-level United Nations representatives and people living with or affected by cancer, are expected to attend the event at the International Conference Center in Geneva.
Highlights of the programme include:
- Advances in cancer screening, diagnostics and treatment, including vaccines, immunotherapy, artificial intelligence and precision medicine
- Abstract-led sessions showcasing implementation science
- Tobacco control – countering industry influence, regulating new products such as e-cigarettes, discussions on the “generational ban” implemented notably in New Zealand
- The threat of antimicrobial resistance for cancer patients, the need for infection control and the rational use of drugs
- The right to assisted dying – approaches and cultural contexts
- Improving access to cancer medicines in low-income regions
- The impact of COVID-19
- Advances in Universal Health Coverage and cancer control
- Hearing from people living with cancer – breaking the taboo around cancer and sexuality
Application for accreditation to the Congress is open to all media professionals working for newspapers, news services, magazines, radio and television stations, and online publications engaged in disseminating news.
Media registration is free for accredited press and includes all privileges of a full participant.
Media registration is limited to accredited journalists and only media badge holders will be admitted access on-site. Publishers and representatives of sales, advertising or marketing departments of publications or other news organisations may not register as media.
APPLYING FOR ACCREDITATION
Applicants for media accreditation should submit an application with supporting documents, including:
- Press credentials and/or business card
- Published news outlet / freelance materials
The UICC Press & Media Team will send confirmation and registration instructions once your supporting documents are approved.
For more information, contact:
Communications and Media Manager
+41 79 123 15 23
Important information: You will not be able to register as a media representative to the 2022 World Cancer Congress until your accreditation has been approved by the UICC Press & Media Team. Note that their decision regarding all press registration requests are final.